Tom and I see humorous signs when we travel. I have shared some of them in the past, and you can see the posts here: from 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2021. From stick-figure-warning man to handwritten signs, people are trying to tell us stuff, if we pay attention to the signs. These are the top 10 humorous signs from 2022 and 2023, in no particular order.
- The roadrunner and coyote decal on the car in front of us in Uptown Westerville. If you get a dent, don’t fix it, just stick a flat coyote over it.
2. Seen on the wall in the men’s restroom on Mackinac Island. We don’t know why there needs to be a sign that says don’t put your foot on the wall in front of the hand dryer. What, exactly, were men trying to dry that necessitated the sign?
3. Seen at The Wilds on one of the enclosures. A humorous sign telling us to be careful and reminding us that animals are dangerous. “If you fall, animals could eat you and that might make them sick.”
4. Not a sign, but a pretty funny looking Volkswagen Beetle bunny. Cute.
5. We saw all these no parking signs along an interstate on our way home from Georgia. I’m not sure why they felt they needed so many of them so close together. Did they have a surplus of signs that they needed to use up? But they worked for us – we did not park.
6. This humorous sign was at Montgomery’s, the grocery/ hardware/ general store in Virginia. Am I likely to do what the sign says? And why is “us know” in quote marks?
7 and 8. I just really like the sentiments on both of these signs. They were in the home décor section of Hershberger’s Farm and Bakery.
9. This humorous sign was at Bergman Orchards in Port Clinton during the time after Covid when everyone was having a hard time hiring enough help. I thought it was a good reminder to be patient with the people who were working and doing their best.
10. This is my favorite from 2022 and 2023. This barrier is on the Ohio to Erie bike trail in Sunbury. Someone added these humorous signs to remind people to watch out for the barrier. The first says “End is very near.” The second says “Stop! or Pray.” Always good advice.
The signs we see give us lots of information. I always appreciate the people who give us reminders in a humorous way, bringing a smile to my face as I travel.